As I grow older
我长大了
It was a long time ago.
那是很多年以前。
I have almost forgotten my dream.
我几乎要忘记了我的梦。
But it was there then,
可它仍然在,
In front of me,
在我眼前,
Bright like a sun-
光亮如太阳--
My dream.
我的梦。
And then the wall rose,
后来升起了一堵墙,
Rose slowly,
慢慢地升起,
Slowly,
慢慢地,
Between me and my dream.
把我和我的梦隔断。
Rose until it touched the sky-
墙升起直抵天际--
The wall.
高墙壁立。
Shadow.
阴影笼罩。
I am black.
我黑了。
I lie down in the shadow.
我扑倒在黑暗中。
No longer the light of my dream before me
我再也没有梦的光亮
Above me.
在眼前,在上方。
Only the thick wall.
只有厚厚的墙。
Only the shadow.
只有阴影。
My hands!
我的手!
My dark hands!
我黑黑的手!
Break through the wall!
捅破那堵墙!
Find my dream!
捞回我的梦!
Help me to shatter this darkness,
击穿这黑暗,
To smash this night,
粉碎这黑夜,
To break this shadow
打破这阴影
Into a thousand lights of sun,
打出一千个太阳的光亮,
Into a thousand whirling dreams.Of sun!
打出一千个眩晕的梦,啊,太阳!