【微信公众平台】搜索“英语口语每天学”,获取独家免费英语学习资料
【新浪微博】@笨老撕
Lend an ear 倾听
Thank you for lending an ear, I feel much better now.
谢谢你的倾听,我现在感觉好多了。
Give sb. cold shoulder 冷落某人
I saw my ex-girlfriend at a party but she wouldn&`&t talk to me. She gave me the cold shoulder.
我在派对上看到了我的前女友,但她没跟我说话。冷落了我。
Get cold feet 突然退缩
I&`&m getting cold feet about my wedding. I&`&m so nervous.
我对结婚突然有点畏首畏尾。我太紧张了。
A sight for sore eyes 喜欢见到的人或者事物
Charlie, I can&`&t believe you&`&re back in town! Get over here, you&`&re a sight for sore eyes!
查理,我真不敢相信你又回来了!快到这来,看到你真是开心!
Be head over heels in love with sb. 坠入爱河
Oh, I know he&`&s head over heels in love with Christina—he won&`&t stop gushing about her!
噢!我知道他爱上了克里斯蒂娜——他总是滔滔不绝地谈论她。
今日挑战
翻译句子
写在留言处和大家分享
I put my hands over my ears because I couldn&`&t bear to listen.
【翻阅上一期内容即可查阅正确答案】
【下一期内容的正确答案解析】
If they ask any awkward questions, just let me do the talking.
如果他们问些尴尬的问题,让我来回答就行。