今早的晨读,作者纪伯伦,冰心的译本,很经典的一版了
音乐:Red is the Rose
On Marriage
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
你们一同降生,你们将永远相依。
You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.
当死神的白色羽翼驱散你们的日子,你们也应在一起。
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
的确,你们始终相守,即使在上帝的记忆中。
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
但在聚守中你们要保留空间,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
让空中的风在你们之间飞舞。
Love one another but make not a bond of love:
彼此相爱,但不要让爱成为束缚;
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
让爱成为奔流于你们灵魂海岸间的大海。
Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
盛满彼此的杯盏,但不要只从一只杯盏中取饮。
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
彼此互赠面包,但不要只向一块面包取食。
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
一起欢歌曼舞,但要保持各自的独立。
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
鲁特琴的琴弦也彼此分开,即使它们为同一首乐曲震颤。
Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
奉献你们的心,但不要让对方保管。
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
因为只有生命之手才能接纳你们的心。
And stand together, yet not too near together:
站立在一起,但不要靠得太近;
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
因为殿宇的支柱总是彼此分立的,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.
橡树和松柏也不在彼此的阴影下生长。