Lesson 26 Agreeing and disagreeing 同意和反对-上篇;
Part One: foreign trade dialogues:
Order Dishes
点菜(1)
A:What would you like to drink?
A: 您想喝点什么?
B:I'd like a glass of beer.
B:我想喝杯啤酒。
A:How about Qingdao beer? It's one of the most famous beers in China.
A:青岛啤酒怎么样?它是中国最著名的啤酒之一了。
B:Oh, I have heard it long before. Let me have a try.
B:哦,我很久以前就听说过了。让我试一试。
A:OK. Let me order dishes. Are there any types of food you really don't like?
A: 好吧,我来点菜。您有什么忌口的吗?
B:Well, I'm allergic to silkworm, so that's definitely out. And I'm not too
keen on hot peppers or garlic.
B: 哦,我对蚕过敏,所以一定不要点。我不太爱吃辣椒和大蒜。
A:OK, how about we have a roast duck?
A: 好吧。我们先来个烤鸭怎么样?
B:That sounds fine.
B: 听起来不错。
A:Let me see... What else is there? Have you tried a Chinese salad before?
A: 让我瞧瞧……再点些什么呢?您以前吃过中国色拉吗?
B:I don't think so. What's it like?
B:我想没有,那是什么东西?
A:Well, it's a cold dish with lots of thin strips of dried tofu, Chinese vermicelli [,vɜːmɪ'tʃelɪ; , bean sprouts and pork with a vinegar dressing.
A:噢,那是用干豆腐丝、粉丝、豆芽和猪肉拌上醋做的凉菜。
B:It sounds interesting. Let's have some.
B:听起来很有趣,我们点一个吧。
A:Good. And would you like anything else?
A: 好的。您还点儿其他的东西吗?
B:No. That's enough. In America our lunch is usually fast food. It won't last more than one hour.
B: 不,这些足够了。在美国我们的午餐一般吃快餐。通常不会超过一个小时。
A:But in China we have a saying "Business is concluded on the table". But
don't worry. Please make yourself comfortable.
A: 但是在中国我们有一个说法是“生意是在饭桌上谈出来的”。但是您别担心,请不要拘束。
B:Thank you.
B: 谢谢。
Part Two: let’s write an email:
1.Dear Mr. Wang, 亲爱的王先生,
Thank you for your PI (proforma invoice). 谢谢您发来的形式发票,
I have discussed with my cousin at Shenzhen office. 我已经和我深圳办事处的表妹讨论了这件事情。
I will tell you the result when we finished the discussion. 我将会告诉你讨论后的结果。
Regards 祝福你
Neeraj Jain Neeraj Jain
2-Dear Jain, 亲爱的Jain,
We should confirm the payment terms and the date of delivery time both for 6,000 pcs and 19,000 pcs. 我们将给您确认6,000件及19,000件产品的付款方式和交货时间。
We have received 50,000 RMB regard as deposit for the first order 6,000 pcs. To ensure the shipment time we need you pay the balance for the 6,000 pcs motors before June 30th . The balance amount will be 52,000 RMB. 第一次订单6,000件,我们需要50,000元人民币的定金,在6月30日之前,我们需要收到6,000件的尾款以确认出运日期,尾款总金额为52,000 元人民币。
As we said online, if you want to place order for 19 ,000 pcs, we need 30% of payment as deposit which is much more than 50, 000 RMB, but if you really want to pay the 50,000 RMB as the deposit we can accept. 如我们在网上所谈,如果您订19,000件的话,我们需要收取30%的定金,远远超出50,000元的人民币,但如果您确实只想支付50,000元人民币的定金,我们也能接受。
So you can think the balance for 6,000 pcs as the deposit for next 19,000pcs. 您可以考虑把6,000件的尾款,当作下次订单的19,000件的定金。
If this payment will be 102 ,000 RMB + 52,000 RMB. 如果用这种方式付款,那么您就需要支付102,000元人民币+52000元人民币。
We will ship the goods of 6,000 pcs after we got the balance. 我们收到6000件尾款后即刻安排发货。
If necessary, we welcome you to visit our factory, we can talk face to face, you can check products’ quality by yourself. 如若您认为有必要,我们欢迎您到我们工厂参观,我们可以面谈。您也可以亲自检查产品质量。
Best Wishes最好的祝福
Small Wang Small Wang
Part3:Lesson 26 ;
1.Words:
Barely 几乎;current 目前的;discount 折扣; perk福利;rebrand 重树品牌;重新包装;recruit招聘;redo重新做;refresh重新树立;retain留住;share股份;signage 商标;switch 交换;talented 有天赋的;
2.Phrases:
Be aware of意识到; come up with想出来;cash flow资金流;corporate membership 公司会员卡;free memberships 免费会员卡;give it some thoughts 考虑了一下;give out 发放;high-quality高质量的; make a profit 盈利;no pain, no gain. 没有付出,没有回报;Significant discount; 优惠折扣;
Dialogue 1:
Beth: Walter,I’ve been thinking that maybe it’s time to change our store’s name. Beth: Walter,我一直在考虑,或许我们现在应该改改我们的店名了。
Walter:What’s wrong with the current name?
Walter: 现在的店名有什么不好?
Beth:I just think “ Pete’s Pet Store” sounds a bit boring. Besides, Pete sold his share of the company to us over a year ago.
Beth: 我觉得,皮特宠物店听上去没有多少新意,而且早在一年多以前皮特就把他在这家公司的股份卖给我们了。
Walter: But all our customers know us by that name. If we switched to a new name, we’d have to spend a ton of money on advertising and rebranding. Plus, we would need to redesign our logo, get new signage, redo the website…
Walter: 但是我们的所有的顾客都是冲着这个店名来的,要是我们改了店名,就得花很多钱去做广告,打品牌。而且我们还需要重新设计标示,做新商标,重新设计网站。
Beth: Change isn’t always a bad thing though. A new name could help refresh the store’s image and attract new customers.
Beth: 可是改变也不一定是坏事呀。新的店名可以帮助我们重新树立我们店的形象,也可以吸引新的顾客。
Walter: I just don’t think now’s the right time. Finances are pretty tight and we’re barely making a profit as it is.
Walter: 我觉得现在不是做这件事的好时机。我们的生意很紧张,现在几乎都没有什么利润呢。
Beth:I’m aware of our financial situation. But as the saying goes, “no pain, no gain.”
Beth:我们资金紧张,这点我意识到了,不过俗话说: 没有付出,就没有回报。
Walter: Let’s see how we’re doing by the end of the year. If we can improve our cash flow, then maybe we can consider making some marketing changes.
Walter: 看看我们年底的经营状况再说吧,如果那时候我们的资金流有所改善,或许可以考虑在营销方面做些改变。