Hop for a better job:跳槽,你准备好了吗?02;
【对2(中文请听节目)】
Susan: Anne, do you have a few minutes? I’d like to have a word with you.
Susan: Anne, 你有时间吗?我想找你谈谈。
Anne: Sure. Come to my office.
Anne:当然,来我办公室说吧。
Susan: (Susan followed Anne to her office. ) Here’s the thing. I’ve already accepted another position of another company. So I’m unable to work beyond the end of the year.
Susan:(Susan随Anne来到她的办公室)事情是这样的。我已经接受了另外一家公司的职位。所以,我最晚只能在这里工作到年底了。
Anne: Oh, it’s out of the blue for me. Is it about the salary or position?
Anne:哦,真是太意外了。是工资的问题还是职位的问题。
Susan: Neither. To be honest, I have been lucky that you have taken me under your wing for these years.
Susan:都不是。说实话,我很幸运,这么多年一直有您的关心和爱护。
Anne: And why did you step down so suddenly?
Anne:那你为什么这么着急辞职呢?
Susan: My husband has been transferred to Guangzhou, and he wants me to accompany him there.
Susan:我丈夫被调到广州,他想让我陪他过去。
Anne: Fine. I’ll respect your choice.
Anne:好的,我尊重你的选择!
【关键知识点:Notes: 】
1 Beyond 迟于;
2 Out of the blue 出乎意料地,突然地;
3 To be honest 说老实话,老实讲。
4 Step down 辞职;
5 Transfer 调动;
6 Accompany 陪伴;
7 Do you have a few minutes? 你有时间吗?
8 I’d like to have a word with you. 我想跟你谈谈;
9 Here’s the thing.事情是这样的。
10 Take sb. under one’s wing. 保护,爱护;