【句子】Gaby, this is the way I see it. Good friends offer to help in a crisis. Great friends don’t take no for an answer. 【Desperate Housewives -S1E16】
【发音】[gæbi] [ðɪs] [ɪz] [ðə] [weɪ] [aɪ] [si:] [ɪt] [gʊd] [frendz] [ˈɒf.ə]/[ˈɑ:f.ər] [tʊ] [help] [ɪn] [ə] [ˈkraɪ.sɪs] [greɪt] [frendz] [dəʊnt] [teɪk] [nəʊ] [fɔ:(r)] [æn] [ˈɑ:nsə]/[ˈænsər]
【发音技巧】this is连读;good friends不完全失去爆破;in a连读;great friends不完全失去爆破;don’t take no完全失去爆破+不完全失去爆破;for an answer两处连读;
【翻译】我是这么看的,Gaby。好的朋友会在危难之际伸出援助之手。而特别棒的朋友,不会允许你拒绝她的好意。
【适用场合】
一开始的表达:
This is the way I see it.
the way I see it这个表达特别常见于引出一个人的观点/看法,就……事儿我是这么看的。
意思是:as I view or interpret a certain situation.
eg: I don't know what she's so mad about—the way I see it, I did nothing wrong!
我不知道她这么生气是因为什么,在我看来,我没做错什么呀!
take no for an answer
就指的是:接受被拒绝这样的一个结果
to accept a refusal
If you say that someone will not take no for an answer, you mean that they go on trying to make you agree to something even after you have refused.
即使被拒绝,即使收到了否定的回复,但也不会气馁,还是会继续尝试,直到对方同意为止。
eg: She is tough, unwilling to take no for an answer.
她蛮强硬的,不会轻易放弃。
eg: He would never take no for an answer.
他永远不会轻言放弃的。
eg: If you're a salesman, you have to learn how to not take no for an answer.
如果你是做销售的,那你得学会不那么轻易接受失败。
Take your time.
慢慢来,不着急。
to go at one's own preferred pace; to use as much time as one needs or desires.
eg: There are a lot of things we need to get right, so let's be sure to take our time on this.
我们需要理顺的事儿挺多的,所以我们一定得按照我们自己的节奏来。
eg: Could you please describe what happened that night?
Take your time—we want it to be as accurate as possible.
你能描述一下那天晚上发生了什么吗?不用急,我们希望细节越准确越好。
eg: Oh, no rush at all. Take your time.
哦不用急,慢慢来。
有的时候这个表达说起来有点讽刺的感觉,强调别人做事情太慢。
be late; do something too slowly
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
You certainly took your time to get here. I’ve been waiting an hour!