The Fall Festival
秋天的节日
By Mercer Mayer
It is fall.
现在是秋天。
The leaves change colors.
树叶变了颜色。
They turn yellow and red.
有的变黄,有的变红。
We are driving in the car.
我们正坐在汽车里。
We drive to the Fall Festival.
我们要去秋收节。
Lots of critters are there.
那里有许多人。
We bring a wagon to hold the things we buy.
我们带了一辆小推车来装要买的东西。
I see so many apples.
我看见很多苹果。
I try one.
我尝了一个。
Mom pays the man.
妈妈付钱给老板。
Little Sister has apple cider.
小妹妹喝苹果汁。
She spills it.
她把苹果汁洒在身上了。
It is sticky.
黏糊糊的。
We go on a hayride.
我们坐在装有干草的大车上游览。
There is not much hay.
干草并不多。
We ride through a field full of pumpkins.
我们经过一片南瓜地。
I watch a critter shoot pumpkins into the air.
我看到有人把南瓜射向天空。
They go SPLAT!
南瓜“啪”的一声就飞出去了。
It is fun to watch.
真有意思!
We walk to the apple trees.
我们走进苹果林。
I see critters picking apples.
人们正在摘苹果。
I get to pick apples, too.
我也去摘苹果。
Dad buys the apples that we pick.
爸爸买下了我们所摘的苹果。
Mom will make many apple pies.
妈妈可以做很多苹果派了。
Yum! I eat another apple.
真好吃啊!我又吃了一个苹果。
Mom says, "No more apples."
妈妈说:“别再吃苹果了。”
Next we look for a Halloween pumpkin.
接着我们去找万圣节的南瓜。
Some pumpkins are too small.
有些南瓜太小。
Some pumpkins are too funny looking.
有些南瓜的样子很逗。
I find the perfect pumpkin.
我找到了完美的南瓜。
It is big.
它很大。
Mom finds the perfect pumpkin, too.
妈妈也找到了完美的南瓜。
It is not so big.
只是没有那么大。
We play the horseshoe game.
我们玩丢马蹄铁的游戏。
We each get three throws.
我们每人丢三次。
We can win prizes.
我们可以赢奖品。
I go first.
我先来。
I aim.
我瞄准。
I throw.
我一丢——
I fly. Whoops!
我自己蹿出去了。
I forgot to let go.
哎!我忘记把马蹄铁扔出去了。
Dad goes next.
接下来是爸爸玩。
He wins every time.
他每次都赢。
He wins a bunny for Little Sister and a bear for me.
他给小妹妹赢了一只兔子,给我赢了一只熊。
It is time to go home.
该回家了。
Little Sister pulls the wagon.
小妹妹拉着手推车。
I help her.
我帮她一起拉。
Dad carries the pumpkin.
爸爸搬南瓜。
Mom picks up the apples that we drop.
妈妈捡我们掉落的苹果。
I think fall is great, but I ate too many apples.
我觉得秋天很棒,但是我吃的苹果太多啦!
好啦,今天的故事就到这啦~