1.I don’t wanna be the third wheel/arm.我不想当电灯泡
You two go ahead to the movie ,i don't want to be a third wheel.你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡
I really didn’t want to be the third wheel, but Joe insisted that I go with her for a blind date. Because she was too shy.
我本来真的不想当电灯泡的,但是Joe去相亲的时候坚持要我跟她一起去,
因为她太害羞了。
2.He is dating another girl on the side/behind her back,他同时脚踏两条船
(on the side主菜之外的副餐 would you like a baked potato on the side?要不要再点一份马铃薯啊?)
①作为兼职,副业(非正式场合使用)
He is a mechanic who buys and sells cars on the side.
他是一个兼营买卖汽车的技工。
②暗地里, 秘密地
She's married but she has a lover on the side.
她虽然已婚, 但暗地里还有一个情人。
I am the one-woman kinda man.我是那种从一而终的男人。
3.男女双方只有对方一人时:we are exclusive
An exclusive report, an exclusive artical
4.表示“搭讪”
Hit on sb; come on to sb; flirt with sb
Crash on sb/have a crash on sb更有暗恋某人之意
Those boys like to hit on me all the time.那些男生老爱找我搭讪
(hit somebody打某人,hit on somebody搭讪Are you hitting on me?你在跟我搭讪吗啊?)
5异地恋,分隔两地: a long distance relationship.
That’s the long distance relationship.异地恋,分隔两地
We have a long distance relationship.
I really appreciate our relationship.我很感激我们能够在一起
You should have chivalry(骑士精神).你应该有点绅士风度。
6. I’m all over you.我对你非常地着迷
I’m over you.我跟你之间完了。