【相关词汇】你最近缺钱吗?
1.Catch/drop/fall short进入短缺的状态,钱渐渐不够
At the end of the week, I always get caught short
每到周末我就缺钱。
2. sth burn a hole in one’s pocket.某人花钱如流水。
Sb spend money like water.
That&`&s because money burns a hole in your pocket. I don&`&t feel sorry for you.
那是因为你太会花钱了,我可不同情你。
There are so many things that can potentially burn a hole in your pocket. Expensive habits can really hurt you, which is why I&`&m glad that I quit smoking.
有好多东西都很烧钱,昂贵的消费习惯其实会伤害你,也就是为此我把烟戒了。
If money burns a hole in your pocket, you should learn how to manage your money at once.
如果你是个不太容易剩钱的人,你应该马上学习如何理财。
3.Tighten one’s belt节约
Don’t spend money like water.
4.Brown bag从家里带饭
I will brown-bag my lunch next month.下个月开始我要从家里带饭了
I will try brown-bagging my lunch next month.下个月开始我会尝试着从家里打饭
In the chips有充足的钱
David is a stock trader, and occasionally he&`&s in the chips.戴维做股票生意,偶尔也挺有钱。
Sam&`&s invention has earned so much money that he is really in the chips.萨姆的发明赚了不少钱,名副其实地发了。