我们来听听 然后听天天解释一下吧
(Write your biggest regret. )
(写下你最大的遗憾)
This chalkboard stood in the middle of New York city for one full day.
我们放了一个黑板在纽约市中心一整天
I was afraid, afraid of, I guess, failing, maybe?
我很害怕,我想,很害怕失败
I regret all the time I wasted, not saying yes to things
我后悔浪费了这么多时间,然后拒绝了很多机会
It's something I've always wanted to do since I was little.
我最大的遗憾是个我从小就一直想要做的事
Time is slipping away, I mean, that's probably the worst feeling in the world, right?
时光飞逝,而我还在原地,这大概就是世界上最糟的感觉吧?
(Not getting my MBA. )
(没有申请上MBA)
(Never going after my dreams. )
(没有追寻我的梦想)
I've got loads of friends from different walks of life
我的朋友从事各行各业
and it's really hard to keep in touch with everyone.
而我很难跟每个人都保持联系
Up until recently, I was homeless.
我最近被赶出家里
If I hadn't hurt the people that I had,
如果我没有伤害那些曾经在我身边的人
maybe I wouldn't have been.
或许我不会沦落至此
And I wanted to do so many things, but I could never seem to find the time.
我想做很多很多事,但我一直没空去做
I did all the things that were like, plan B.
我都计画好要去做了,连备案都想好了
I just never did it.
但我却没有踏出这一步
(Never applying to Med school. )
(没有申请医学院)
Thank you, haha. That's good? Alright, yo, enjoy.
谢谢,哈哈,这样写可以吗?好的,yo,希望你喜欢
(Staying in my comfort zone. )
(待在我的舒适圈)
As the board filled up with so many different stories
当黑板被写满了各式各样的故事
We noticed almost all of these regrets had something in common.
我们发现几乎所有的遗憾都有个共同点
(Not pursuing acting. )
(没有追求演艺生涯)
(Not getting involved. )
(没有积极参与)
(Not having kids before my dad passed away. )
(没有在我爸过世之前让他抱抱孙子)
(Not being a better friend. )
(没有当一个好朋友)
They were about chances not taken
这些遗憾都是关于没有攫取机会
They were about words not spoken
都是关于没有讲出的心声
They were about dreams never pursued
都是关于没有追求的梦想
But then we gave them an eraser
但我们给他们一个擦子
A clean board feels, feels like where I want to be
这干净的黑板是我想达到的状态
feels like where I wanna go
是个我想去努力的方向
That it's not my regret anymore.
我的遗憾消失了
It's hopeful.
相当充满希望
It means, there's possibility.
意思是,充满着机会
Every day is a clean slate.
每一天都是个新的开始
Do the things you'll regret not doing.
快去做那些不做会让你后悔的事