Once I filled my hand with mist.
我曾抓起一把烟雾
Then I opened it and blow, the mist was a worm.
然后我伸掌一看,哎呀,烟雾变成一只虫子
And I closed and opened my hand again, and behold there was a bird.
我把手握起再伸开一看,手里却是一只鸟
And again I closed and opened my hand, and
我再把手握起又伸开,
in its hollow stood a man with a sad face, turned upward.
在掌心里站着一个容颜忧郁,向天仰首的人
And again I closed my hand, and when I opened it
我又把手握起,当我伸掌的时候,
there was naught but mist.
除了烟雾以外一无所有
But I heard a song of exceeding sweetness.
但是我听到了一支绝顶甜柔的歌曲
Only those beneath me can envy or hate me.
只有在我以下的人,能忌妒我或憎恨我
I have never been envied nor hated; I am above no one.
我从来没有被忌妒或被憎恨过; 我不在任何人之上
Only those above me can praise or belittle me.
只有在我以上的人,能称赞我或轻蔑我
I have never been praised nor belitted; I am below no one.
我从来没有被称赞或被轻蔑过; 我不在任何人之下
We are all prisoners
你我皆狱中囚徒
but some of us are in cells with windows and some without.
只不过有的牢房有窗,有的无窗