1. A Big Head 大脑袋;
“All the kids make fun of me,”the boy cried to his mother. “They say I have a big head.”小男孩哭着跟妈妈说:“所有的孩子都拿我开玩笑,他们说我长了一个大脑袋。”“Don’t listen to them,” his mother comforted him. “You have a beautiful head. Now stop crying and go to the store for ten pounds of potatoes.” 他妈妈就安慰他:“别听他们的,你的脑袋长得特别很漂亮啊。 好了,别哭了,去商店买10磅土豆来。”
“Where’s the shopping bag? ” “购物袋在哪儿呢?”
“I haven’t got one. Use your hat. ” “我没有购物袋,就用你的帽子吧。”
words:comfort: 安慰;pound 磅(1磅等于0.454千克);potato 土豆;shopping n购物;
2.How to Become Rich 如何致富;
Little Brother: I saw you kiss my elder sister,and if you don’t give me a nickel I’ll tell my father.
弟弟:我看见你亲我姐姐了。如果你不给我五分钱,我就告诉我爸。
Sister’s boyfriend: No, don’t do that. Here’s a nickel.
姐姐的男朋友:不要那样做。给你五分钱。
Little Brother: That makes a buck and a quarter I’ve made this month.
弟弟:这个月我已经赚了一块两毛五了。
words: kiss 亲吻;a buck:一美元;a quarter:25美分;a nickel:5分镍币;一美元=100美分哦!
3.Two Pieces of Cake 两块蛋糕;
Tom:Mom,can I have two pieces of cake,please?
汤姆:妈妈,我可以吃两块蛋糕吗?
Mom:Certainly ——take this piece and cut it two!
妈妈:当然可以——拿这块蛋糕把它切成两块吧。
words:piece 块;cake 蛋糕;certainly 当然;cut 切;
4.A Gentle Reminder 委婉提醒
Having been married a long time,my husband sometimes needs a gentle reminder of a special occasion. 婚后已久,在一件特别的事情上,我丈夫往往需要委婉的提醒。On the morning of our 35th anniversary, we were sitting at the breakfast table when I hinted, “Honey, do you realize that we’ve been sitting in these same two seats for exactly 35 years?” 在我们结婚35周年纪念日的早上,我们正坐在早餐桌旁,我暗示道:“亲爱的,你意识到我们在这两个相同的座位上已经坐了整整35年了吗?”
Putting down the newspaper, he looked straight at me and said, “So, you want to switch seats?”
他放下报纸,眼睛直直地望着我说:“所以,你是想交换座位吗?”
words: gentle 温和的;occasion 时刻;anniversary 周年纪念;straight 直接;