关注【九点有声悦读】获得更多的音频和文字
There Is a Lady Sweet and Kind
Thomas Ford
有一位姑娘甜美又温柔
托马斯 福特
There is a lady sweet and kind,
有一位姑娘甜美又温柔
Was never face so pleas'd my mind;
她的容貌让我心悦神怡;
I did but see her passing by,
只是看着她从身边走过,
And yet I love her till I die.
便想爱她直到地老天荒。
Her gesture, motion, and her smiles,
她的举止,她的仪态,她的微笑,
Her wit, her voice, my heart beguiles,
她的机智,她的声音,都让我心驰神往,
Beguiles my heart, I know not why,
让我心驰神往,却不知是何原因,
And yet I love her till I die.
但我要爱她直到地老天荒。
Her free behaviour, winning looks,
她奔放的举止,骄人的模样,
Will make a lawyer burn his books;
会让律师把律法抛弃;
I touch'd her not, alas! not I,
天哪,我却触摸不到她。
And yet I love her till I die.
但是我也要爱她直到地老天荒。
Had I her fast betwixt mine arms,
如果我把她紧紧拥进怀里,
Judge you that think such sports were harms,
你觉得这会伤害她
Were't any harm? no, no, fie, fie,
造成伤害?不会,不会,
For I will love her till I die.
因为我要爱她直到地老天荒。
Should I remain confined there
我应该继续和她保持距离
So long as Phoebus in his sphere,
但是只要世上还有太阳,
I to request, she to deny,
我就继续追求她,她总是拒绝,
Yet would I love her till I die.
但我也要爱她直到地老天荒。
Cupid is winged and doth range,
丘比特展翅飞遍她的家乡,
Her country so my love doth change:
我的爱也随着走
But change she earth, or change she sky,
但是无论天翻地覆
Yet will I love her till I die.
我要爱她直到地老天荒。
【生词】
gesture
英 [ˈdʒestʃə(r)] 美 [ˈdʒɛstʃɚ]
n.手势,姿势; 举止,动作; 〔古语〕仪态; [计算机]光笔指令
vt.做手势;
vi.用手势表现,表达或指导;
beguile
英 [bɪˈgaɪl] 美 [bɪˈɡaɪl]
vt.欺骗; 使陶醉; 使高兴; 消磨(时间等)
motion
英 [ˈməʊʃn] 美 [ˈmoʊʃn]
n.运动; 手势; 动机,意向; 请求
vt.打手势; 向某人点头或摇头示意; 打手势要求[指示];
vi.运动; 打手势;
betwixt
英 [bɪˈtwɪkst] 美 [bɪˈtwɪkst]
prep.在其间; 不走极端在…之间; 在…中间; 由…到…
fie
英 [faɪ] 美 [faɪ]
int.(表示嫌恶、震惊等)咄!呸!;
Phoebus
英 [ˈfi:bəs] 美 [ˈfibəs]
n.日神,太阳;
doth
英 [dʌθ] 美 [dʌθ]
v.do的第三人称单数现在式;