有多少同学是相信世界末日的?这次OpenLanguage要为大家做一期特辑,请来办公室里不同国家的同事谈谈他们对2012世界末日传言的看法。当然,如果过了2012你还活着,不要忘记到我们网站继续学习英语,因为没有前进动力的日子才是真正的末日哦!
Questions:
Do you belive in Doomsday? 你相信世界末日吗?
What are you going to do on 21st? 你21号要做什么?
What are you going to do if you're still alive the next day? 如果第二天起来你还活着你会怎么办?
1. If anyone's gonna play devil's advocate, so yeah, the world is going to end. People are going to get indicted.
如果一定要有人当坏人的话,我来吧。对,世界会灭亡,人类会死光。
2. Do you believe in zombies, dinosaurs, aliens...? 你相信有僵尸,恐龙或是外星人存在呢?
3. I believe in dinosaur zombies. 我相信有恐龙僵尸的存在。
4. I think it'll be quite a shock. I'll probably just stay indoors, and cry in fetal position in the corner of my house.
我觉得那个打击对我来说很大,所以我可能就躲在家里的一个小角落里蜷成一圈哭吧。
5. Just spend my final day with the loved one. Dinner if we can get it. 最后一天就要和我爱的人一起过,还能做成晚饭的话再吃一顿。
6. I might just come to work like a regular day. I'm not gonna do anything. 我可能就像平常一样来上班,不会做什么特别的事吧。
7. It all comes from the Mayan tradition, the ancient Mexico. 这一切都源自于玛雅人的传说,也就是远古的墨西哥人。
8. They didn't say the world's gonna end. The only thing they predicted is that the solar system will reset, start from zero again.
玛雅人没说世界末日会到来,只是预测太阳系会归零重置。
9. I'm going to ride a cab. I'm not going to ride the metro. 我那天要打车不要坐地铁(上班)。
10. I think Edwardo is expecting something pretty epic. 我觉得爱德华在期待一些壮观的事情发生。
11. I'm gonna be armed that day. 我那天要全副武装。
12. Have you been stock-piling food then? 那你有开始储存食物了吗?
13. My wife and I might come to your house if you have food. 如果你家有吃的我和我老婆就过来(蹭饭)了。
14. I think I'm gonna celebrate, obviously. Maybe have a party with my friends. 很显然我要庆祝啊,可能要请朋友来派对吧。
15. What if we have a party on the 21st, and it goes all the way to the 22nd? 不然我们21号办个派对一直办到22号?
16. I didn't mention getting drunk. Now we know what Joyce's gonna do. 我又没说要喝醉,不过我们知道Joyce要干什么了。
17. If I'm still alive, I'll go travel. 如果我还活着,我要去旅游啊。
18. Apparently I don't belive in Doomsday. 很显然我不相信世界末日啊。
19. Well, I'm gonna celebrate Chirstmas cuz that's right around the corner. Then.... 嗯,我要庆祝圣诞节吧,因为马上就要到了。然后....
20. It's like Shanghai is not cold enough for me. 好像上海对我来说还不够冷一样。
21. I'll call my mother back in London, and I'll tell her how much I love her. 我会给远在伦敦的妈妈打电话,告诉她我有多爱她。