【句子】If you did, those displays of friendship seem to have slipped my mind. 【Desperate Housewives-S1E16】
【发音】[ɪf] [ju:] [dɪd] [ðəʊz] [dɪˈspleɪz] [əv] [ˈfrend.ʃɪp] [si:m] [tʊ] [hæv] [slɪpt] [maɪ] [maɪnd]
【发音技巧】displays of连读;friendship不完全失去爆破;slipped my完全失去爆破+不完全失去爆破;
【翻译】如果当初你帮过我,那么我可能是忘了那些充满友谊的瞬间了吧。
【适用场合】
sth. slips one’s mind
字面意思是某件事从脑子里溜走了
If something slips your mind, you forget it.
指的就是忘记了,没印象了
eg: I meant to invite him, but it completely slipped my mind.
我原本想邀请他的,但是这事儿我就完全没想起来。
eg: I forgot I'd arranged to meet Richard last night - it completely slipped my mind.
我忘记了我之前约的昨晚见Richard,这事儿我完全给忘了!
I thought as much.
在英语中:say/admit/think/guess as much
指的是:也这么想;也这么认为;也这么猜测等
to say or think the same thing that has just been stated:
eg: -- “I think your wife's in love with someone else.”
-- “I'd guessed as much”, he said sadly.
-- “我觉得你老婆爱上别人了。”
-- “我也这么觉得!”他沮丧地说。
eg: --“He said he'd forgotten.”
-- “I thought as much.”
-- “他说他之前忘记了。”
-- “我猜也是这么回事儿。”
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
The fact that he was employed there had completely slipped my mind.