为你读英语美文 · 第420期
主播:潇雨
Outside the Window
《窗外》
作者:周瓒
Often, I imagine lifting my head from the page.
我时常想象自己抬起头,从书页上
I imagine seeing a fraction of the sea,
我想象自己,看到了一片海
its field of blue, beyond the window's edge.
有蓝色的液体,游过窗棂
But all I glimpse is one small part of the ocean.
但我所能领受的,只是一小片海域
So I say to myself, that's not
我告诉自己,那从来就不是
its full depth or expanse—
全部的深广,况且
besides, I'm sitting in one place.
我坐在一个固定的地方
It alerts me, imagination has limits.
它提醒我,想象,也不能是无限的
I know it, too, must begin somewhere;
想象有一个天然的出发点
perhaps it has the freedom
也许它有自由
of the sea bird's wings—
如海鸟一样的翅膀
like those our soul covets—
而我们的心灵能够
offering us breaches,
提供树枝
feeding our daydreams on a perched fulcrum
供白日的梦想,一个栖息的支点
文章,音乐,图片非商业用途,版权归作者或版权方所有